Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Visiting and Using this Website
By visiting or using this website, or downloading any materials or software from this website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not visit or use this website.
We reserve the right to revise these terms and conditions from time to time by posting changes on this website. You should therefore review the prevailing terms and conditions from time to time.
You are only authorised to visit, view and to retain a copy of pages of this website, and/or download one copy of any product brochure, user manual and/or software available on this website for your own personal non-commercial use on one single computer only.You shall not duplicate, publish, modify or otherwise distribute any material made available on this website. You must keep intact all original copyright or other proprietary information or notices contained with such material, product brochure, user manual and/or software. Any use of any such material, product brochure, user manual and/or software other than that prescribed above is strictly prohibited.
Any software available on this website is governed by the terms of the End-User Licence Agreement which you will be required to accept prior to being able to download and install such software.
|All materials and all software provided in this website are provided on an "as is" and on an "as available" basis and without warranties of any kind whatsoever whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability and fitness for aparticular purpose. We do not warrant or make any representation that the materials, software and as the case may be, services provided on this website are accurate, complete, current, timely, secure, error-free, that defects will be corrected, and/or that the same are free of viruses or other harmful things. We do not warrant or make any representation regarding the use or the results of the use of the said materials and software in terms of their accuracy, completeness, safety, reliability or otherwise. We shall not be liable for any damages of any kind, including without limitation loss of profits, loss or damage to data, loss or damage to goods, and/or loss resulting from the use or reliance on any material or software on this website.|
The contents of this entire website, and all materials and all software provided in this website (including but not limited to all text, graphics, artwork, sounds, scripts, images, pictures and photographs, product brochures, user manuals and software drivers) are protected by copyright law. Copying, reproducing, storing, republishing, uploading, posting, transmitting, distributing in any way, in whole or in part in any form or medium, incorporating into any other work, or such other use of such copyright material without the prior expressed written approval of the copyright owner is an infringement of such rights.
The word "BROTHER" and the Brother logo appearing on this website are trademarks of Brother. Unauthorised use of the aforesaid trademarks would amount to trademark infringement and/or passing-off.
|Links to other websites |
We provide hyperlinks on this website to third-party websites as a convenience, and the inclusion of any such hyperlink does not imply that we have endorsed or have made any representations regarding that website. Hyperlinked third-party websites are not under our control and we cannot be held responsible for you accessing any such third-party website via our website. Users accessing third-party websites via our website do so entirely at their own risk.
|Governing Law & Jurisdiction |
The above terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, the courts of which shall have exclusive jurisdiction thereto.
1. The contest is only open to South Africa citizens and South Africa permanent residents. Employees and their immediate families of Brother International South Africa Pty Ltd. ("Brother"), its subsidiaries,affiliates and agencies associated with this promotion are not eligible to participate.
2. Participants may enter the contest by completing all compulsory fields with their details, and submitting it during the contest period as stated on the contest page. Failure to provide all mandatory details will be disqualified.
3. In order to be eligible for the contest, entries must be received by Brother's server no later than 11.59 p.m. via Internet on the last day of the contest. Late, lost, misdirected or indecipherable entries will not be accepted.
4. Multiple entries are allowed in this contest and each entry will be judged individually and this may not lead to an increased chance of winning. A panel of judges appointed by Brother, will individually judge each valid entry and the winners will be announced on Brother website on the date stated in the contest form. The results and prize(s) of the contest are final. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Brother reserves the right to replace any prize with another of equivalent value without notice. Brother accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values.
5. The winner(s) irrevocably authorises Brother to retain, use and distribute any information/materials generated by or relating to the winners use of the Brother products for future sales, marketing,advertising, promotional materials and press relations programs/activities both online and offline and to the furnishing of such information/materials to Brother-related entities and their agents for such purposes.
6. The winner(s) will be notified via email on the date stated in the contest form.
7. Brother is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winner.
8. Brother reserves the right to publish winner’s details on the promotional website, in the press or any form of public media without prior notification to the winner.
9. All costs and expenses, for example delivery charges, duties, value added taxes or tax liability incurred by the winner(s) as a result of winning the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). Brother accepts no responsibility for any taxes (such as income tax) that may arise from the winning of the prize. The participant should seek independent financial advice in this regard.
10. Winner(s) are to collect the prizes from the address as stated in the winner's notification email sent to the winner's email address. Winner(s) are to present their photo identity cards or passports with their photo and a print out of the winning notification email failing which, the entry will be disqualified.
11. Prizes have to be collected within a month of notification or prizes will be forfeited at the sole discretion of Brother. No compensation will be due to the winner(s) who fails to claim the prize within the stipulated time. Collection instructions will be provided in the same notification.
12. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, prohibition by the relevant authorities or any other causes beyond the control of the Brother which corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, Brother reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest as it sees fit.
13. Brother shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), or for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of taking part in the promotion, which includes the redemption of or use of any of the gifts or prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
14. Brother is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, (including but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the promotion.
15. The laws of the Republic of South Africa shall govern the terms and conditions of the contest.
1. This promotion is only valid for purchases made in South Africa. Employee and their immediate families of Brother International South Africa Pty Ltd and its agencies (including but not limited to Brother’s resellers) associated with this promotion are not eligible for this promotion.
2. To be eligible for gift entitlement, customers must purchase any of the listed models from the value entitlement page from any participating authorised resellers and superstores till the end of the promotion date stated.
3. To claim the freebies, customers must register their warranty online before redemption;
4. Customers can must walk-in to redeem their freebies from Brother Customer Service Centre.
5. Customers are able to receive their premiums on the same day between 9am to 4pm (Monday to Friday) with full documents in accordance to the Terms and Conditions. (Closed on Public Holidays)
6. All redemptions must be done at Brother Customer Service Centre latest by the last claim date of the promotion stated.
7. Customers who fail to provide the full set of documents will not be eligible for the claim of freebies.
8. All claims are subjected to Brother International South Africa Pty Ltd’s validation and verification checks. Customers are advised to retain a photocopy of all documents submitted in relations to their claims. Claims will be rejected if Brother International South Africa Pty Ltd is unable to verify the claim. Brother International South Africa reserves the rights to prosecute any fraudulent claims.
9. Brother International South Africa Pty Ltd. accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected fax-ins claims
10. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised by that of the customers, each customer consents to the information they submit with their entry being entered into a database. Brother International South Africa Pty Ltd may use this information in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or compensation to the entrant. All personal details of the entrants will be stored at the office of Brother International South Africa Pty Ltd.
11. Brother International South Africa Pty Ltd. shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), for a personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of participation in this promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
12. Entries will be deemed invalid if the same serial number of machine is used for more than one redemption.
13. Claims cannot be made on back orders. Brother reserves the rights to refuse any claims if the product is returned.
14. The promotion cannot be combined with any other promotional offers.
15. Late redemption will not be entertained.